Wednesday 11 May 2011

Author Spotlight week -Michelle Levigne tells us the latest book she read


Actually, I'm in the process of reading through the Cedar Cove books by Debbie Macomber. I think I'm in #4 right now -- can't remember, because I had to put my "fun" reading aside to read/judge for the YA category of the new Grace Awards, and I'm also doing revisions of the next Tabor Heights book, White Roses (yes, the conclusion of the serial killer story that was introduced with Common Grounds almost 2 years ago...). So I'm kind of busy.

Anyway, the Cedar Cove books are interesting in that while someone's story gets some resolution, there are other stories that just keep going, kind of like background music. Or maybe themes that keep popping up during a movie. There's the judge and her romance with the newspaper editor. And the people who run the B&B. And the Navy wife. And the girls in the beauty parlor. And the woman whose husband vanished in one book, and his body was found several books later. And the girl who runs the art gallery, who is the daughter of the woman whose husband vanished and ... See what I mean? I like the books. They're shelved under romance, but they're more small town life and growth and friendship than strictly romance.

3 comments:

  1. Debbie Macomber is one of my most favorite authors. I love her books. I liked this blog also. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stellar job you did judging the Grace Awards and what fun we had.

    I wish you every success with your sereal killer. Remember, serial killers look like everyone else, don't they? (wink)

    And I do hope you can get to some fun reading. I'd like to do some fun reading again too. (sigh)

    ReplyDelete