Wednesday 16 February 2011

Author Spotlight Week - Melanie Atkins shares her favorite movie


My favorite movie is Silence of the Lambs. No, it's not a romance (not by a long shot), but it contains plenty of suspense, darkness, and psychological thrills… and watching Clarice Starling match wits with the disturbed Dr. Hannibal Lector never fails to make my skin crawl. I love the dance between Clarice and Lector as she prods him for insight into the mind of another sick killer, Buffalo Bill. Evil assessing evil. Both men are psychopaths, and Clarice teeters on the brink as she struggles to keep Lector from getting inside her head. What a fabulous movie. I love to be scared -- not by grisly horror flicks, but by genuine psycho thrillers like this one.

A close second is The Last of the Mohicans. Yes, I know… the two movies are as different as night and day. I love the scenery, hotness, music, characters, and history in the Mohicans. I mean, seriously… Daniel Day Lewis risking all to save his love? Fabulous story.

Give me suspense, romance, or a combination of the two, and I’m happy. Those are my kinds of movies.

6 comments:

  1. read your post yesterday, too- I love romantic suspense. I also love crime novels and John Sandford is a huge favorite for me, too- Who wouldn't love Lucas Davenport- I also adore the Vurgil Flowers books.

    As to Silence of the Lambs, it's quite good- not sure I'd call it a favorite as my favorite movies are period pieces but I also like diversity in my viewing!

    This has been a great week of posts so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. after I posted, I see I mis-typed Virgil's name- OOPS! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could not face Silence of Lambs, even though I write violent RS myself. Loved Millenninum films (Girl With... et al) and just finished The American, a very violent suspense thriller with some good sex. Also Smilla's Sense of Snow was a fantastic suspense thriller.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Melanie!!! Great to see you in the spotlight!

    One of my favorite movies too!! Love Manhunter too, have you seen that one? I think it was the first Hannibal movie - very good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both movies work for me, Melanie.

    ReplyDelete