Thursday 12 August 2010

Author Spotlight week - K Dawn Byrd shares her favorite author

Author Michelle Sutton

Michelle Sutton is my favorite author and for more than one reason. I absolutely loved her Danger at the Door. I found her e-mail address on the Desert Breeze site and e-mailed her after reading the blurb and asked how to buy it in print. I just had to read that book, but didn’t want to do the ebook thing. Ebooks threatened the very existence of my beloved print books and I wouldn’t have that.

When Michelle responded and said that it was available only in eformat, I thought about it for a few days and finally purchased it. It's because of Michelle Sutton that I'm an ebook junkie. I read them on my BlackBerry on the go.

Shortly after I met Michelle, agent took a look at Killing Time. She liked the book, but said it might be hard to sell because she wasn’t sure how many women would read a book that was partially set in a jail. Michelle recommended that I try Desert Breeze and the rest is history.

I read all of Michelle's new releases and enjoy them tremendously. She's good at bringing romantic tension into her work and when I'm in the mood for something edgy, only her books will do.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, K. Dawn, my Google Alerts picked this post up and told me about it. You are such a treasure. It's encouraging people like you that make authors like me want to keep writing. :)

    ReplyDelete