Thursday 19 August 2010

Author Spotlight week - Anne Patrick shares her favorite author




Hands down, my favorite author is Dee Henderson. Ms Henderson began her career at Steeple Hill before moving to Multnomah where she authored two series, The O’Malley series and The Uncommon Heroes series. Both of which are outstanding Christian Fiction. Her books have won numerous awards, including the prestigious RITA Award.

Her O’Malley series is my favorite. The O'Malley’s, an inspirational group of seven men and women, all abandoned or orphaned as teens, have made the choice to become a loyal and committed family. They have chosen their own surname, O'Malley, and have stood by each other through moments of joy and heartache. Each member of the family has their own story that will rock your heart and drive you to pick up the next in the series. Although the prequel, Danger in the Shadows, wasn’t released until later in the series I suggest you read it first.

I like Ms Henderson’s work because she creates believable and challenging characters. They’re not perfect; they all have flaws, just like we do. She mixes just the right amount of suspense, romance, and inspiration to create stories that lingers on our mind long after you’ve put the book away.

Out of all the authors I’ve read, Ms Henderson has inspired me the most. I hope to someday write with the passion and skill that she does.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this series. It sounds really interesting--and if it's something that inspires you, I know it would be something I would enjoy reading since I love the tone of your books. It was fun learning who has influenced your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The series sounds like the kind I like to find. Thanks for telling us about this very accomplished author. Celia

    ReplyDelete