Saturday 28 November 2009

December Madness from Desert Breeze



Hi all!! How was Turkey Day? Did anyone OD on Tripofan? I had one OD at my house but that was it! haha. She was able to bounce back after some pumpkin cheesecake pie, if you can believe that.

Today, I'm going to be talking about a bunch of stuff, so bear with me.

FIRST - I am so excited about what Desert Breeze has coming up in December!

The New Releases - 1 DEC the new releases come out from Desert Breeze. They are availiable at the website, of course, but you can also visit Amazon and they are available for download through the Kindle format. I know Gail has a great story coming out called "Tender Hearts." Pop into the website on 1 DEC to get the skinny on the rest of the new releases. I'll post an entry recaping the new releases on 1 DEC as well.

The Newsletter - Gail puts together a great newsletter which highlights the December new releases and has a bunch of little author tidbits. It's definately a must have to keep up with what's new at the Breeze.

The Scavenger Hunt - Gail and the authors at Desert Breeze have arranged a blog scavenger hunt that is going to be a bunch of fun. Go from author blog to author blog, answering questions and collect some great prizes. Tomorrow the scavenger hunt starts on the Desert Breeze Blog so be here!! I'll outline the scavenger in detail and post my blog question for you. It promises to be a lot a fun.

NaNoWriMo will be over! There were several Desert Breeze authors who participated in NaNoWriMo this year and I'll be giving them a shout out in December as well. I participated this year for the first time. It was challenging, demanding, stressful, but rewarding when I went over 50,000 words.

So what can you expect from the Desert Breeze Blog in December? I'll be featuring the new releases, hosting author interviews with the authors about their new releases, giving a NaNoWriMo shout out, supporting the scavenger hunt, and posting misc. thoughts about the holiays. Join us for the fun.

On a last note, I wanted to share this. Nathan Bransford is a literary agent who blogs. I like Nathan's entries because he's honest, up front and straightforward. In this particuliar entry, he's blogging about ebooks. Here's a link:

http://blog.nathanbransford.com/2009/11/top-10-myths-about-e-books.html

Just some thoughts from me:
Bransford opens his post with this:
After my recent post about the inevitability of e-books, I was surprised that there were so many misconceptions in the comments section about e-readers and e-books.

For the record, I don't think everyone is going to or should or will like e-books and converting people is not what this post is about. But I do think people should at least have the facts.

Now would also be a good time to state for the record that I have no financial interest in e-books or e-readers whatsoever and in fact, my job would probably be easier if they didn't exist. But they do exist, I genuinely like them, and I don't think this industry can afford to be behind the curve on technology.

***
And he does like them. Like me, Bransford reads ebooks using his Kindle App on the Iphone. Bless him. And I agree - I don't the industry can afford to be behind the curve on technology here. The wave of the future is upon us. It's an interesting read and if you can pop on over there, read his thoughts and tell me what you think.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment